“Keeping the Focus on Waterfront Ontario”
When: Saturday, March 7, 2020 (9am-3pm; AGM at 10am)
Where: NEW LOCATION – Bayview Golf & Country Club, Thornhill
Attend the in-person event (includes buffet lunch):
$60 per FOCA member – MEMBER In-person Registration link
$75 per person for others- Non-member In-person Registration link
Or, participate by webinar – join for one or all sessions:
Webinar notes: you will be able to see and hear the day’s presentations from 9am to 3pm. To get the most out of the webinar experience, you will need a digital device (computer/tablet) with good sound output, and will want to have high-speed Internet available on the day of the event. FOCA is working with a new third-party AV company to assist with the technical aspects of the webinar to secure audio and video quality.
About the Event:
The FOCA AGM & Spring Seminar is filled with important and timely updates related to waterfront Ontario. The day’s topics will include:
“I came to the FOCA AGM and loved it. If I knew how great it was I’d have volunteered to attend way sooner!” Jan V., FOCA association member
- keeping an eye on Ontario’s waters: citizen science and environmental hot topics such as winter road salt impacts on our waterways, and aquatic invaders (Eurasian Watermilfoil and Starry Stonewort)
- updates on FOCA’s current policy files and top priorities (status of the Seasonal Class of electricity customers; MPAC property re-assessment year…)
- the Annual General Meeting of Members (official notice of business to be conducted was circulated to members on February 6, 2020)
- presentation of the FOCA Achievement Award to a member lake association
- Associations in Action: how to do good things and stay out of trouble – risk management tips!
Special Guest: Andrea Khanjin, Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
Download the Event Agenda, including speakers (PDF, 1 page)
Top reasons to attend this event:
- to network with other lake association peers and partners
- to learn about current issues and emerging priorities
- to represent your lake association in the AGM voting
- to connect with services and resources available to FOCA members from our corporate sponsors and partners
- to collect materials and resources for your association.
Register now, using the links above.