This event has ended.
If you already paid to participate in person or by webinar, you do not need to pay again to access the video links. Instead, send FOCA an email, and we will reply to you during business hours.
All FOCA members may download the Event Summary, including links to the day’s slide presentations.
“Keeping the Focus on Waterfront Ontario” – the 2020 FOCA AGM & Spring Seminar for Lake Associations
When: Saturday, March 7, 2020 (9am-3pm; AGM at 10am)
Where: NEW LOCATION – Bayview Golf & Country Club, Thornhill
Attend the in-person event (includes buffet lunch):
$60 per FOCA member / $75 per person for others
Or, participate by webinar – join for one or all sessions:
$30 per FOCA Member / $45 for others
Webinar notes: you will be able to see and hear the day’s presentations from 9am to 3pm. To get the most out of the webinar experience, you will need a digital device (computer/tablet) with good sound output, and will want to have high-speed Internet available on the day of the event. FOCA is working with a new third-party AV company to assist with the technical aspects of the webinar to secure audio and video quality.
About the Event:
The FOCA AGM & Spring Seminar is filled with important and timely updates related to waterfront Ontario. The day’s topics will include:
“I came to the FOCA AGM and loved it. If I knew how great it was I’d have volunteered to attend way sooner!” Jan V., FOCA association member
- keeping an eye on Ontario’s waters: citizen science and environmental hot topics such as winter road salt impacts on our waterways, and aquatic invaders (Eurasian Watermilfoil and Starry Stonewort)
- updates on FOCA’s current policy files and top priorities (status of the Seasonal Class of electricity customers; MPAC property re-assessment year…)
- the Annual General Meeting of Members (official notice of business to be conducted was circulated to members on February 6, 2020)
- presentation of the FOCA Achievement Award to a member lake association
- Associations in Action: how to do good things and stay out of trouble – risk management tips!
Special Guest: Andrea Khanjin, Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
Download the Event Agenda, including speakers (PDF, 1 page)
Top reasons to attend this event:
- to network with other lake association peers and partners
- to learn about current issues and emerging priorities
- to represent your lake association in the AGM voting
- to connect with services and resources available to FOCA members from our corporate sponsors and partners
- to collect materials and resources for your association.
See you there!