“Coming out of our Shells:” the FOCA AGM & Spring Seminar for Member Associations
Saturday, March 4, 2023 from 9:00am to 3:00pm, in-person at the Bayview Golf & Country Club OR by Zoom webinar. The AGM will begin at 10:00am.
Pricing & AGM information is below.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN! Register using one of these links:
- I am a current member of a FOCA Member Association
- I am a current member of a FOCA Supporting Group
- I am a current Annual Supporter (Individual Supporter, Family Supporter, Friend of FOCA, Waterfront Champion)
- I am none of the above but would like to attend as a non-member
* Registration for in-person attendance closes February 24, 2023 at 12:00pm (noon) and space is limited.
Contact the FOCA office during business hours if you need technical assistance or are unsure how to register.
COST TO PARTICIPATE:
In person (including coffee, refreshments and lunch) = $70 + HST for FOCA members or Annual Supporters. In-person registration is limited to 2 attendees per member Association (or 1 attendee per Supporting Group).
Webinar = $40 + HST for FOCA members or Annual Supporters; add a $30 surcharge for non-members. There is no limit on the number of webinar attendees. Note: 1 registrant per Supporting Group may register at the member rate; additional Supporting Group registrants would pay $40 + $30 surcharge (+ HST) for webinar attendance only.
Registration includes access to the post-event summary with a link to the event recording and all the slides presented.
The annual FOCA AGM & Spring Seminar is filled with important and timely updates related to waterfront Ontario.
“Thank you for an awesome meeting! You guys are incredible and our Association is so grateful to have access to your support. And thank you for all your hard work and effort to support us. It is much appreciated.” 2021 AGM webinar attendee
2023 Spring Seminar topics:
- FOCA priorities, programs, and hot topic updates
- land use planning in a Bill 23 world – what it means for cottage country, by the Executive Director of the Canadian Environmental Law Association
- property resilience in the face of climate change, by the Director of Flood and Wildfire Resilience of the Intact Centre on Climate Adaptation
- FireSmart principles for your waterfront community, by the Aviation, Forest Fire and Emergency Services branch of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
- “Tick Talk” – tracking the spread of ticks that carry Lyme disease in Ontario, by the Canadian Lyme Disease Research Network
- biodiversity and resiliency: a Call to Action for nature, by the Ontario Biodiversity Council.
ABOUT THE 60th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING:
The FOCA 2023 Annual General Meeting will take place at 10:00am. One representative from each member Association in good standing may vote in the AGM, whether attending in-person or by webinar. Be sure to specify if you are the Association’s Voting Member when you register. Official notice of business to be conducted will be emailed by February 2, 2023 to the executive of all member Associations for whom FOCA has a current email address on file.
Top reasons to register for a FOCA member event:
“In one session I got all the information I needed about what’s going on at FOCA that I can report back to our membership on.” member attendee at the 2022 AGM webinar
- to learn about current issues and emerging priorities
- to connect with services and resources available to FOCA members from our corporate sponsors and partners
- to collect materials and resources for your association, including access to the Event Summary, link to the digital recording, and copies of the day’s slide presentations.
- to get inspired for the year ahead!
Register now, using the links at the top of this webpage.