Join us at the FOCA Annual General Meeting of Members and Spring Seminar!
Saturday, March 3rd, 2018, 9:00am to 3:30pm at the Boulevard Club, Toronto
$60.00 per person, includes lunch
or call the FOCA office during business hours (705-749-3622)
Click here to download a printable copy of the Agenda. (PDF, 1 page)
9:00am FOCA Year in Review & 2018 Priorities presented by FOCA -project, program and partner highlights.
10:00am FOCA Business Meeting (AGM) – chaired by Terry Kennedy, FOCA Board President – business as outlined in the Official Notice to Members.
Can’t attend the AGM in person? Ask FOCA about a webinar voting option. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-749-3622
11:15am Break-out Sessions: (choose 1 of the following)
1. Cottage Country First Aid – including AEDs, led by Jon Alcide of Action First Aid
2. Renting Responsibly – led by Craig White of CottageLink Rental Management
3. Road Issues – sharing best practices session led by Simon Dadds of the East Stoney Lake Cottagers’ Association
1:15pm Feature Topic: Cottage Country Septic Systems by Rick Esselment of the Ontario Onsite Wastewater Association, presenting a ‘state of the union’ on septics: policy framework and Ontario building code updates, operational requirements, maintenance, reinspections.
2:15pm Associations in Action: on-the-ground success stories from FOCA’s 2017 Invasive Species program, introduced by Deanna Panitz, FOCA Membership and Programs Coordinator.
3:00pm Presentation of the FOCA Achievement Award, honouring the exemplary work of our member associations. For more about this annual award, including how to nominate your great association for a future award, visit: https://foca.on.ca/foca-achievement-award/.
- release of the new FOCA “Citizen Science Guide“, and
- introducing new FOCA videos:
- “Citizen Science Matters”
- “Understanding your Septic System”
- “Cottage Associations in Action”
Top Reasons to Attend a FOCA Event:
• To get ideas about association membership and volunteer engagement
• To network with other lake association peers and partners
• To learn about current issues and emerging priorities
“This is a must-attend event … Great ideas on membership, activities, etc. Wonderful networking.”past FOCA event attendee
93% of attendees surveyed rated the past FOCA member event as VERY GOOD or EXCELLENT.