2014 – Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) continues its spread across Ontario. Find information, photos and resources below.
- About EAB – Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- EAB management – What you need to know
- About EAB– Ontario’s Invading Species Awareness Program
- Map of regulated areas
What Can You Do?
- Learn how to identify adult Emerald Ash Borer and what infested trees look like, as well as which host trees they target.
- Don’t move infested wood material from the regulated zone to new areas; this includes all firewood, trees, logs, lumber, wood or bark chips. Firewood should always be obtained locally and burned on site.
- If you see Emerald Ash Borer or signs of infestation, call the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources at 1-800-667-1940 or the Canadian Food Inspection Agency at 1-800-442-2342.
- Report sightings to the toll-free Invading Species Hotline at 1-800-563-7711 or online.