was held on Saturday, November 21, 2020 from 9:00am to 12:00pm by webinar
Learning to Pivot: Lake Associations in 2020
“I believe that the FOCA meetings are a ‘do not miss’ for as many associations as can reasonably get to them.”attendee at a past event
- Feature topic: Rural and northern broadband – with comments from the Hon. Maryam Monsef, Federal Minister for Women and Gender Equality and Rural Economic Development; and Hon. Laurie Scott, Provincial Minister of Infrastructure; and a presentation by Dr. Helen Hambly, University of Guelph who leads the Regional and Rural Broadband project, speaking to the challenges, and what is needed to move forward in rural and northern Ontario
- Pivoting Association Engagement in 2020 – stories from fellow lake association members who transitioned successfully to digital and socially-distanced events this past summer. Come and be inspired by their ideas!
- policy & program updates from FOCA, including an update on the status of the Lake Partner Program of water quality monitoring; and introducing Daniel Levitan, Vice President, Stakeholder Relations for Hydro One Networks, speaking about the Ontario Energy Board’s elimination of the Seasonal Rate Class for Hydro One electricity customers
- your Board of Directors highlights progress in FOCA’s Strategic Plan 2020-23, including statistics from FOCA’s 2020 member survey about top lake association priorities and emerging cottage country issues
- your FOCA membership benefits explained, including a new offering for Association members
- Sgt. Dave Moffatt, OPP Provincial Marine Coordinator, speaking about the boating year that was 2020.
Top Reasons to Attend a FOCA Event:
• To get ideas about association best practices
• To network with other lake association peers and partners
• To learn about current issues and emerging priorities
• To collect materials and resources for your association.