The Guide provides easy-to-use information about the types and amounts of fish that are safe to eat from more than 2,400 fishing locations across Ontario. Map: Guide to eating Ontario Fish
Ontarians are encouraged to use the guide to learn:
- the sizes and amounts of fish you can safely eat
- how to choose fish with the lowest levels of contaminants
- how to prepare fish to reduce contaminants
- special advice for children and pregnant women
The online version provides an interactive map and location-specific advice, making it faster and easier for anglers to identify fish species and angling destinations with lower contaminant levels.
Learn how to create fish habitat from the Lanark County Stewardship Council!
Visit their website by clicking here. Once there:
- Click the PROJECTS TAB
- Click on Fish Habitat Creation for brush piles
- Click on Walleye Spawning Habitat for enhancing walleye spawning habitat
- Videos will appear