ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Map to the venue. Please call the FOCA office during business hours if you require assistance: 705-749-3622
Members are invited to join us for the FOCA Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Spring Seminar on Saturday, March 7, 2015.
- FOCA’s Business Meeting (see business to be conducted, below)
- FOCA’s Year in Review
- Presentation of the FOCA Achievement Award
- Panel Discussion: legal and risk management tips for associations, “Organizing for Success” (see more, at bottom)
- Presentations on Hydro One’s forestry and field operations
- Member success story: Wollaston Lake – Nurturing the next generation of lake stewards!
- Aquatic Invasive Species Monitoring program
This year’s event will be held at the Vaughan Estate (near Sunnybrook Hospital, off Bayview Avenue in Toronto).
On the day of the event, sign in with us from 8:30am onward to enjoy a coffee and some networking time! The meeting begins promptly at 9:30am. The day includes a light lunch, and wraps up at 3:30pm.
Every member Association in good standing receives one vote during the business meeting, where we will be:
- approving the minutes of the 2014 AGM
- approving FOCA’s audited financials for 2013-14, and
- approving the slate of Directors for the FOCA Board for 2015-16.
Associations that would like to have a vote in the business meeting but cannot send a representative in person may participate in that portion of the day by webinar. Please contact the FOCA office now for details!
Our fabulous 2015 AGM Panel:
The 2015 panel discussion features our expert panelists addressing important issues faced by rural volunteer groups (Cottage, Lake and Road Associations).
This will include a representative from Borden Ladner Gervais LLP, speaking to legal information about good association governance, minding your association’s bylaws, and ultimately how to effectively serve your members and protect your volunteers.
Also on the panel will be Bob Maynard, a liability expert with our insurance broker, Cade Associates, who will talk about managing your risks.
Finally, we will have a representative from the OPP Save Patrol, who will talk to the challenges of policing on the water and on the trail – and answer your questions about the OPP role/responsibility on the roads, on the trail, and on the water.