January 5, 2015 – UPDATE: To accommodate our members who reside far and near, this year FOCA is continuing with its series of webinars.
* Our next in-person meeting will be in Toronto at the FOCA Annual General Meeting on Saturday, March 7, 2015. Mark your calendar now! *
January 2015 – FOCA Webinar #1:
The Environmental Bill of Rights and You with Ontario’s Deputy Environment Commissioner
Date: Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2015 Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm EST
This webinar will help FOCA members interested in participating in environmental law-making that impacts your waterfront experience and communities – through Ontario’s Environmental Bill of Rights (EBR).
Under the EBR, you have rights to participate in Ontario government decisions about the environment, and hold them accountable for those decisions. This includes the right to:
- comment on environmentally significant government proposals
- ask a ministry to review an existing law, or the need for a new one
- ask a ministry to investigate harm to the environment
- seek permission to appeal a ministry decision on an instrument
- use courts or tribunals to protect the environment
- get whistle-blower protection.
April 2015 – FOCA Webinar #2:
Back by popular demand! FOCA’s Cottage Succession Seminar with estate lawyer Peter Lillico
This 1-hour webcast (originally broadcast in December 2014) will be made available for viewing from noon on Friday, April 17, 2015 until noon on Monday, April 20, 2015.
NOTE: The Cottage Succession Webinar will be available by preregistration only. Registration details to come soon!
Learn how to “Keep the ‘family’ in the family cottage.” FOCA continues our long-standing series on Cottage Succession with this web-based edition of the popular road-trip seminars that have been attended by more than 1,500 people around Ontario over the past five years.