December 2014 – If you have an occurrence to report to the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), you can call the OPP toll-free at 1-888-310-1122 or visit your local detachment to file a report.
You now also have the option to report non-emergency incidents to the OPP online, avoiding the need to visit a police detachment, or wait for an officer to attend the scene, by visiting www.opp.ca/reporting/.
This system allows you to submit a report from your computer. All submissions get reviewed by an officer, and you may be contacted to provide more information.
Please note: You must have a valid e-mail address in order to submit a report, and this system is not compatible with mobile handheld devices such as phones or tablets.
You can use this system to report:
- Lost/missing property under $5,000
- Stolen license plates or validation stickers
- Theft from a vehicle under $5,000
- Mischief/damage to a vehicle under $5,000
- Mischief/damage to property (other than a vehicle) under $5,000
- Theft under $5,000
DO NOT use this system:
- If the occurrence is an emergency
- If the occurrence happened outside of OPP jurisdiction
- If there are any identifiable suspects
- If anyone was injured
- If the occurrence involves a weapon
- If the total value of the property or damage exceeds $5,000
For more information, or to report an incident visit the OPP Online Citizen Self Reporting system.