Lake Bernard Property Owners Association
Welcome new and returning Lake Bernard Property Owners! Our board has been very busy this winter and we hope you appreciate what we have been able to provide you, our members!
– We surveyed all town and township candidates for the 2018 Elections regarding their views on Septic Inspections, Invasive Species, Road Condition around the Lake and Lake Water Levels. We hope you found their responses helpful when it came time to vote!
– We have had a LBPOA Director attend both the FOCA Fall & Spring Seminar and AGM to ensure our association is up to date on the work FOCA is doing on our association’s behalf (FOCA acts as an information bridge between policy-makers and property owners and thus is a resource for lake health, land use, rural safety and emergency preparedness in the face of extreme weather. FOCA represents more than 500 Property Associations and as a result is also able to provide discounts to lake property owners on items ranging from insurance to docks!)
– We have provided support to those petitioning the Ministry of the Environment who asked that our lake level be lowered prior to winter. As a result there has been no reported ice damage to lake property this year!
– We receive regular updates from those spearheading the campaign to fight phragmites
– We will be resuming regular testing of our lake water this year, in conjunction with the Ministry of Health.
– We have implemented a new payment service offered by FOCA to its member associations. The new payment service will allow us to collect dues more efficiently as well as learn a little more about our members! We hope you enjoy this new service!
– We have a few Lake Bernard Property Owner social events planned for summer 2019! We hope to see you out with your fellow neighbours from around the lake!
– We strive to provide the latest information, through our website, email and Facebook, regarding local happenings that may impact our members
– We have been working hard through a variety of means to not just retain members but to increase membership by improving actions and communication that show the great value in being a member of the Lake Bernard Property Owners Association…we hope you’ll agree!