FOCA is pleased to announce a re-print of this popular guide, which gives a quick and easy overview of ways to make the most of your shoreline property, while living in balance with your lake’s fragile ecosystem.
Click here to download the Guide (PDF, 28 pages)
- What is a Watershed?
- Shorelines (erosion, hardened shorelines…) & Buffer Zones
- Shoreline Construction Projects (fish-friendly dock structures)
- Aquatic Plants Out of Control
- Invasive Species & Preventing the Spread
- Septic Systems
- Climate Change and Your Lake
- How to be a Good Lake Steward
- and more!
This publication makes a great introduction to new families at the lake, and a useful resource for quick material for your own Association newsletter.
Members may contact FOCA to acquire additional print copies of the Guide. You are always welcome to circulate digital copies, using the download link above; please credit FOCA as the source, and include our web address where possible: https://foca.on.ca