FOCA wants lake associations to thrive!
Our Member Associations have special access to resources and information that is tailored to help Ontario lake and road associations.
Links to these resources are provided below…
You Asked: “How can we best use FOCA resources and show the value of our membership in FOCA?” Click to download FOCA’s answer (PDF, 1 page), including links to our top tips!
Association “Toolkit” Resources:
- Tips for starting and building a successful lake or road Association (Members only – contact the office if you are starting a new group; we can help!)
- NEW! FOCA’s “Vote for your Future Toolkit” – to help Associations “get out the vote” for the 2018 Municipal Elections
- NEW! FOCA’s “Lake Association Welcome Binder” is a full template your Association can personalize and circulate to new members and/or visitors to the lake. This amazing resource is adapted from a member Association’s own document, now available for you to customize, as part of your FOCA membership. Chapters include: what the Association does; water quality considerations; fish and boating best practices; emergency info; garbage and recycling; rental responsibilities, and more!
- Online payment processing service, to enable Associations to offer their members a credit card renewal option
- Association Webpage Offer from FOCA, to enable Associations to have a web presence (PDF, 2 pages)
- Information on rural property issues (septics, taxes, land use planning, mining, energy and utilities)
- Tools and tips for working with various levels of government – “Who Does What?“
- Access to FOCA’s Lake Planning Handbook for community groups
- Updates on FOCA’s advocacy files and policy updates important to you and your community
- Fact sheets and videos on a variety of topics – feel free to share these resources! (Please credit FOCA as the source)
- Environmental stewardship resources and library
- Cottage safety information (insurance, fire, boating)
- Special offers and benefits from our corporate partners, including access to the first group insurance program for cottagers, exclusively available to FOCA members, and a teleconferencing offer for your Association
Looking for info on a particular topic?
1) Visit the Resources page and type a word (or words) into the “SEARCH” box to find all FOCA information posted on that topic.
2) Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact the FOCA office.
Get additional resources for nonprofit organizations, here: http://nonprofitlaw.cleo.on.ca/current-law/top-nonprofit-law-resources/ with information about holding meetings, taking minutes, incorporating, and more.