You are joining 250,000+ families who live on water and dearly love Ontario’s camp, cabin, and cottage experience at the waterfront. FOCA’s members live here, seasonally or year-round.
We have tips and hints to help you get the most out of the cottage country experience. Spend a few minutes with FOCA’s Executive Director Terry Rees in one of the videos below…
New to cottage country, or thinking about buying a cottage? Start here! Watch this video (online; 7 mins) for tips from FOCA about choosing an area, finding the perfect cottage or building your own, learning about your property, and connecting with the local lake association.
Ready to “make the jump” to more time at your cottage this year? Here’s what you need to know. Watch the video discussion (online; 15 mins) with FOCA and our partners at Cottage Life, for tips about year-round considerations and how to get the most out of your cottage investment. This video was part of the Main Stage presentations at the Virtual Cottage Life Show in March 2021.
Your next steps:
- join over 12,000 subscribers, and sign up for free monthly updates on cottage country tips, news & events in FOCA’s Elert (e-newsletter)
- find & connect with the lake association in your favourite cottage area
- download the free Shoreline Owners’ Guide
- watch a video about septic systems: their parts, maintenance and signs of trouble
- learn how to be safe while boating
- search for information from FOCA, by keyword
- SUPPORT FOCA!
How many of these subjects did YOU know about already?
Review FOCA’s checklist of Top Tips for Living in Cottage Country (PDF, 1 page) with more about these important topics.
Download a cottage opening and closing checklist (PDF, 2 pages) from FOCA.
Related resources & links:
- May 14, 2021 – Cottage shopping? First, talk to the experts about the many ways they differ from urban properties (The Spec)