Stay tuned for news about seminar locations of the 2016 FOCA Cottage Succession “road show”! Get on the FOCA Elert list to be kept up-to-date.
Sept.2015 – Read this recent article about FOCA’s Cottage Succession Seminar series with estate lawyer Peter Lillico (source: My Kawartha)
FOCA’s popular Cottage Succession Seminar Series encourages everyone to consider how they plan to “Keep the ‘Family’ in the Family Cottage.” Learn what you need to do NOW, to protect the family cottage for the future. Each session includes valuable information from estate lawyer Peter Lillico about:
- why to start the conversation NOW
- paying the Capital Gains Tax
- managing responsibilities and expenses to keep the cottage going once the next generation is in place
These events are free to FOCA members and $10 at the door for non-members; space is limited, so please pre-register!
Call the FOCA office 705-749-3622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW! DVD option for our Association Members:
Contact the FOCA office if you would like to purchase a DVD copy of the FOCA Cottage Succession Seminar with Peter Lillico that FOCA originally posted as a one-hour webinar in December 2014.
Re-cap of our 2015 Seminar Series:
- Saturday, July 11th at the Cavendish Community Ratepayers Association meeting
- Saturday, August 8th in Baysville, co-hosted by the Lake of Bays Association
Get additional notes from estate lawyer Peter Lillico about leaving the cottage to the kids, here: http://www.lbghlaw.com/cottages/
To contact Peter at his Peterborough office (tell him FOCA sent you!): email@example.com 705-743-3577