2016 Seminar Series – confirmed in-person events:
- Friday, May 27th (2-4pm) with the Canadian Canoe Museum (Peterborough)
- webinar option may be available for this event – speak with FOCA to confirm details!
- Saturday, July 9th with the Cavendish Community Ratepayers Association (Kawarthas)
- Sunday, August 14th with the Lake Networking Group (Eastern Ontario)
- Sunday, August 21st with the Salerno Devil’s Lake Cottagers’ Association (Haliburton)
Contact the FOCA office to secure your spot and get location details:
These events are free to FOCA members and $10 at the door for non-members. Space is limited, so please pre-register!
FOCA’s popular Cottage Succession Seminar Series encourages everyone to consider how they plan to “Keep the ‘Family’ in the Family Cottage.” Learn what you need to do NOW, to create a cottage sharing agreement and protect the family cottage for the future. Each session includes valuable information from estate lawyer Peter Lillico about:
- why to start the conversation NOW
- the importance of a cottage Sharing Agreement
- paying the Capital Gains Tax
- managing responsibilities and expenses to keep the cottage going once the next generation is in place
NEW! DVD option for our Association Members:
Contact the FOCA office if you would like to purchase a DVD copy of the FOCA Cottage Succession Seminar with Peter Lillico that FOCA originally posted as a one-hour webinar in December 2014.
Sept.2015 – Read this article about FOCA’s Cottage Succession Seminar series with estate lawyer Peter Lillico (source: My Kawartha)
Get additional notes from estate lawyer Peter Lillico about leaving the cottage to the kids, online here: http://www.lbghlaw.com/cottages/
To contact Peter at his Peterborough office (tell him FOCA sent you!):