All the benefits are described below.
Please note these offers are current at March 2022, and are subject to change over time.
Want a print version to circulate to your members? Download it here:
Benefits & Offers for FOCA Associations:
- First Aid & Safety – Action First Aid offers a discounted FOCA Member Price for (AED) Automated External Defibrillators and 24/7 Accessible Outdoor Cabinets. Member offer details are posted here.
- Road or Directors’ Liability Insurance: FOCA’s popular liability insurance program, delivered by Cade Associates Insurance Brokers Ltd., provides coverage options applicable to Lake Associations, Road Associations, Land Ownership Associations or Trusts, as well as coverage options for Directors and Officers. FOCA Member Associations get a discount! Contact 416-234-9980 or visit www.cadeinsurance.com/foca
- The Association Liability Program explained above ALSO INCLUDES a free Legal Helpline for the Association. Ask the office for details!
For additional resources that can benefit your Association, check out FOCA’s Association Toolkit of key resources.
Road and lake associations can also access administrative resources including benchmark statistics about associations, roads questions, municipal engagement tips, and much more. Find out about Association Services available only to our Member Associations.
Benefits & Offers for Individuals & Families
NOTE: these offers are available to all the member families in FOCA Member Associations, as well as our annual Individual Supporters, Family Supporters, Friends of FOCA and Waterfront Champions. These offers are not extended to members of FOCA Supporting Groups (as they do not pay the annual $4 per-member fee).
Ready to join as a full Member Association? Let’s do this.
- CottageFirst: the first group program dedicated to cottagers, exclusively available to FOCA members. Get great coverage on your cottage, home, car & more. Contact Cade Associates Insurance Brokers: 1-844-CADE-1ST or visit www.cottagefirst.com for a no obligation quote.
FOCA Associations: Please let your members know that this group insurance program is available to them, as members of your association!
- Cottage Life Magazine – special discount on new subscriptions OR renewals! Pay only $24.95 for 1 year + 1 free issue. Includes free digital access. Use your FOCA promo link to order:
- Canadian Canoe Museum – All FOCA supporters get 30% off membership to the Museum. Use the new FOCA access code when you enroll:
What does FOCA do?
FOCA speaks where individuals cannot.
Our mission is to protect thriving & sustainable waterfronts across Ontario. For over 50 years, FOCA has been the voice of Ontario’s waterways and lake associations. Our united voice carries weight on issues that matter! Find out more about our history.
FOCA works with government and other partners on important policy and best practices, to make our waterfront communities environmentally and financially sustainable. For more about FOCA’s current files and advocacy efforts, visit our resources/search page.
We keep you informed about changes in legislation and other timely cottage-country news. Make sure that you and all of your members receive the FOCA Elert to get timely updates on topics that matter. Sign up now for free FOCA Elerts!